All students take the common core (9 credit hours) and capstone experience (6 credit hours) plus 21 or more additional hours. Course options may include a component of professional skills development to prepare students for immediate employment in non-faculty positions in education, non-profit organizations, government, or business.
Students may also develop a plan of study leading to the pursuit of doctoral degrees in women’s and gender studies or other professional degrees for employment in such diverse areas as counseling, university teaching, the arts, and business.
Building upon University of North Carolina Greensboro historical mission as the Women’s College of North Carolina, we established one of the earliest Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies programs in the country. Our interdisciplinary Master of Arts degree is the only MA in Womens and Gender Studies in the state of North Carolina. (For information on our Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, see here.)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Gender and Community Leadership
- Gender & Health
- Individual Gender and Community Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 73 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript from every college and university previously attended. If credit from one institution has been transferred to another, a transcript from the original institution is not required if the course titles and grades appear on the degree granting transcript. If an applicant is currently enrolled in a degree program and will not graduate prior to an admission deadline, transcripts should be provided that reflect courses in progress.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors, employers, or persons well acquainted with the applicant’s academic potential.
- Official standardized entrance exam scores.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.