Our Music Performance programs at University of North Carolina Greensboro offers conservatory-type performance training, complemented with academic offerings directly related to careers in performance. MM in Music Performance students graduate with performance and entrepreneurial skills enabling entry into the profession or further studies.
The MM in Music Performance degree can be pursued with any one of the following concentrations:
- Collaborative Piano
- Conducting (Choral)
- Conducting (Instrumental)
- Early Keyboard Instruments
- Piano Pedagogy
- String, Wind, Percussion
- Vocal Pedagogy
- Multiple Woodwinds
School of Music
The School of Music offers Master of Music degrees in music composition, music education, music performance, and music theory. Our outstanding facilities, world-class faculty, and numerous ensemble experiences provide an environment for artistic and academic success.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Music
- Seminar in Music Research and Writing
- Seminar in Music History
- Seminar in Musical Analysis
- Schenkerian Analysis
- History of Opera
- Song Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
32-35 credit hours
DisciplinesMusic View 977 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a $65 application fee
- transcripts from all institutions where coursework was completed (details)
- three (3) letters of recommendation former professors, employers, or persons well-acquainted with the prospective student's academic and/or performance potential
- Score from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) only if you wish to be nominated for a fellowship
- Personal statement briefly outlining your academic and career goals
- Non-US citizens must provide certification of financial support.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.