M.S. and doctoral students examine the biological, relational, early educational, social, and cultural foundations of development and their implications for families. The emphasis on “culture” includes not only different societies, but also within-society cultural groups, such as racial/ethnic and social class groups. We are committed to interdisciplinary study, diversity, and internationalization.
The Department of Human Development and Family Studies from University of North Carolina Greensboro seeks to enhance the quality of life for individuals across the lifespan within their diverse and changing relationships, families, social networks, and communities in varying contexts through
- exceptional research and scholarship
- outstanding teaching and mentoring to prepare the next generation of professionals
- active community engagement and intervention.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Research in Family Studies
- Family Theory
- Contemporary Research in Human Development
- Theories of Human Development
- Professional Seminar I
- Professional Seminar II
- College Teaching in HDFS I
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 166 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- The online application and $65 application fee.
- Three references (preferably at least two from academic faculty professors)
- Official GRE scores (except for M.Ed. Program Administration emphasis or Certificate programs)
- One copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Note: If one transcript shows transfer credit from another institution, you do not need to provide a transcript from the original institution.
- The HDFS Department also requires a 1-3 page professional statement, which may be submitted directly to the HDFS Department (email@example.com) or to the Graduate School via the online application.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.