Our program bridges theory and practice. Every semester students complete collaborative projects, start‐to‐finish, that make a difference in our region. We create museum exhibitions, public programs, interpretive websites, collections management plans, etc.
The History with Concentration in Museum Studies program offered by University of North Carolina Greensboro has ongoing partnerships with area history organizations, and students complete internships—and find jobs—across the country.
Students build a broad and practical skillset that they can apply in the public history workplace—museums, historic sites, public education, web-development, and beyond.
History Graduate Studies
The Department of History offers a Ph.D. and Masters of Arts in History. The Master's program has two separate tracks: a traditional Master of Arts degree that develops academic skills and knowledge, and a Museum Studies concentration that trains students in these academic skills and for a career in museums and historic sites.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Museum and Historic Site Interpretation: Principles and Practice
- The Practice of Public History
- Community History Practicum
- Seminar in Historical Research and Writing
- Colloquia in American History
- History Museum Curatorship: Collections Management
- Museum Education
- Digital History
- History of the Decorative Arts
- History of American Landscapes and Architecture
- Historic Preservation: Principles and Practice
- Southern History and Southern Material Culture in a Museum Context
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesHistory Museum Studies View 65 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript from every college and university previously attended. If credit from one institution has been transferred to another, a transcript from the original institution is not required if the course titles and grades appear on the degree granting transcript. If an applicant is currently enrolled in a degree program and will not graduate prior to an admission deadline, transcripts should be provided that reflect courses in progress.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors, employers, or persons well acquainted with the applicant’s academic potential.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.