Students may concentrate their studies on any area of American, European, or World history, provided they choose an appropriate faculty member to serve as a main advisor for their subject. Graduates from our M.A. program often go on to Ph.D. programs or find employment in teaching, government, and business.
The M.A. in History and Museum Studies concentration at University of North Carolina Greensboro provides graduate-level preparation in the core history program as well as first hand training in museum work. In this nationally renowned M.A. program, students are prepared to enter the job market in the museum fields.
History Graduate Studies
The Department of History offers a Ph.D. and Masters of Arts in History. The Master's program has two separate tracks: a traditional Master of Arts degree that develops academic skills and knowledge, and a Museum Studies concentration that trains students in these academic skills and for a career in museums and historic sites.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Research Seminar
- Seminar in History
- Seminar in History
- Colloquium in American History before 1865
- Colloquium in American History since 1865
- Colloquium in European History before 1789
- Colloquium in European History since 1789
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesHistory View 544 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts. All official transcripts are required.
- GRE Scores. Only the standard GRE scores (not the subject area supplementary exams) are required.
- Letters of Recommendation. At least three letters should be submitted via the online application process. Personal Statement. The personal statement should include the highlights of your educational background; your area(s) of scholarly interest; your career aspirations; and anything else you deem relevant about yourself. Finally, give your reasons for choosing the M.A.program. The suggested length is 500-700 words.
- Short Resume.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Financial Aid.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.