The Department of Social Work hosts top-tier researchers and educators focused on empowering our students to be transformative culturally competent social workers. Our accredited program offers a Master in Social Work degree for part-time or full-time students.
We offer primarily evening classes, with some day classes, to provide options for students with a variety of schedules.
Our program vision: Serve as catalysts for transformative culturally competent social work.
Our program mission: Educate transformative culturally competent social workers.
We are proud of our community partnerships in San Antonio and beyond, which create a wide range of possibilities for student practicum experiences. In addition to engaging with the community, students engage with dedicated faculty and with one another through campus organizations. On the state licensing exam, students and alumni from our program have a passing rate that is significantly higher than the national passage rate. Our alumni are transforming lives and organizations in San Antonio and across the country.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social Problems and Social Welfare Policy Analysis
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- Social Work Research
- Global Context of Social Work
- Advanced Social Work Research: Practice and Program Evaluation
- Foundations of Social Work
- Foundation Field Practicum I and Integrative Seminar
- Foundation Field Practicum II and Integrative Seminar
- Advanced Social Work Methods: Individuals
- Advanced Social Work Methods: Groups
- Advanced Social Work Methods: Policy Practice and Advocacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 341 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed graduate application form submitted to the UTSA Graduate School, including official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended;
- A narrative statement addressing interest in and fit with the UTSA MSW program, not to exceed 1250 words (approximately five pages)
- Three department recommendation forms completed by professionals familiar with the applicant’s preparation for graduate social work education;
- Department forms documenting prior professional and volunteer experiences and academic preparation in the liberal arts;
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8246 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.