The University of North Carolina Greensboro Genetic Counseling Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC) and was designed in accordance with guidelines provided by the ACGC. Graduates of this program are eligible to apply to the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) for Active Candidate Status and to sit for the ABGC Certification Examination. Our graduates have found exciting employment opportunities, from the first graduating class of 2002 to date!
The mission of the UNCG Master of Science in Genetic Counseling Program is to provide an exemplary learning environment in which students obtain the knowledge, skills, and competencies to provide culturally sensitive, ethical genetic counseling services in a variety of clinical settings. The program emphasizes the values of cooperative and lifelong learning to prepare graduates who will contribute to the field and society in productive ways through clinical and professional service, research, education and advocacy.
The UNCG Genetic Counseling Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC) and was designed in accordance with guidelines provided by the ACGC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Principles of Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Counseling in the Community
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Journal Club
- Medical and Clinical Genetics
- Research Methods
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesAdult Education Counselling Genetics View 120 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- List all undergraduate/graduate studies including institution, dates attended, year of graduation, degree earned, major, and GPA
- Required prerequisite coursework – indicate the name, course number and the grade you earned for all courses you completed to satisfy our prerequisite course requirements. Include any courses in which you are currently enrolled.
- Additional relevant coursework – provide a list of relevant undergraduate and graduate course work you completed; include the course number and name and the grade you earned
- Personal statement.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 21 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 21 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.