In perusing your MA in English at University of North Carolina Greensboro you select one of three distinct Plans of Study.
Thesis Plan: 30 hours of course work, a committee of three faculty members, a thesis (one long paper or two shorter papers), and a foreign language requirement. This plan is usually selected by students who want to continue on with a PHD and/or teach.
Teaching Composition Plan: 36 hours of course work (no committee, no thesis, no foreign language requirement). This plan is for those who may want to go on to a PHD but also for those who opt to teach at a community college. We have a long-standing relationship with GTCC and some students toward the end of their MA degree may apply for an internship through their FIT (Faculty-in-Training) Program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Critical Canon and Contemporary Issues
- Modern Literary and Cultural Theory
- Postcolonial Literary and Cultural Theory
- Studies in Contemporary Literary and Cultural Theory
- Cultural Studies
- Feminist Theory and Women Writers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesLiterature View 359 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Official transcripts of all previous work showing a major or graduate work in English, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic achievements.
- Scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination.
- At the upload button labeled “Supplemental Materials A” attach the Word document that contains your writing sample.
- At the upload button labeled “Supplemental Materials B” (or "Resume") attach one Word document that contains in this order a) statement of purpose (1-2 pages) with your name at the top, and b) your current CV or resume.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.