Food Science and Bioresource Technology program at the University of Alberta has leading edge research programs in food microbiology and food safety, food processing, food chemistry and functionality, functional foods and nutraceuticals, carcass and meat science, sensory and consumer science and bioresource technology.
Research addresses consumer demand for nutritious, safe, high quality foods and beverages, develops novel food processing technologies, creates innovative food and industrial products, and develops valuable bioproducts from agricultural commodities and waste.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Individual Study
- Advanced Study of Food Fermentations
- Processing of Milk and Dairy Products
- Muscle Food Science and Technology
- Rangeland Plant Communities of Western Canada
- Science and Technology of Cereal and Oilseed Processing
- Applied Bioinformatics
- Renewable Biomaterials
- Veterinary Immunology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 18 other Masters in Food Sciences in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.