Generally, students take 15 hours of formal courses and 15 hours of research and thesis. During the first semester students rotate through three faculty labs and by the beginning of the second semester select a thesis advisor. The Biology program is offered at University of North Carolina Greensboro.
Some incoming students may have already made arrangements to complete their thesis research with a particular faculty member prior to beginning the program. Students complete a research project and write a thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Topics in Animal Ecology
- Advanced Topics in Animal Physiology
- Advanced Topics in Biochemistry
- Advanced Topics in Cell Biology
- Advanced Topics in Ecological Physiology
- Advanced Topics in Genetics
- Advanced Topics in Neurobiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesBiology View 927 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Application
- Official Transcripts*
- General GRE scores (no older than 5 years)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement: Include highlights of educational background, related work/professional experience, career goals, and reasons for choosing the MS in Biology at UNCG.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.