Generally, students take 15 hours of formal courses and 15 hours of research and thesis. During the first semester students rotate through three faculty labs and by the beginning of the second semester select a thesis advisor. Some incoming students may have already made arrangements to complete their thesis research with a particular faculty member prior to beginning the program. Students complete a research project and write a thesis.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Topics in Animal Ecology
- Advanced Topics in Animal Physiology
- Advanced Topics in Biochemistry
- Advanced Topics in Cell Biology
- Advanced Topics in Ecological Physiology
- Advanced Topics in Genetics
- Advanced Topics in Neurobiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesBiology View 893 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Graduate Application
- Official Transcripts*
- General GRE scores (no older than 5 years)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement: Include highlights of educational background, related work/professional experience, career goals, and reasons for choosing the MS in Biology at UNCG.
International21734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21734 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National21734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21734 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8016 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.