Students acquire an understanding of learning theories, special education policies, research-validated instructional strategies, and behavior analytic practices needed to work with students with disabilities and their families.
The mission of the Department of Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching is to:
- Advance the intellectual and professional development of students and faculty through research, critical reflection and dialogue, social responsibility, and transformative leadership;
- Promote equity and social justice by advocating for educational change and reform; and
- Nurture the personal and professional integrity of all learners.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory of Curriculum and Instruction
- Research Methods
- Principles of Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching
- Survey of Special Education Research
- Collaboration and Consultation in Special Education
- Educational Applications of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Seminar on Current and Critical Issues in Special Education
- Technology for Individuals with Disabilities
- Survey of Special Education
- Assessment of Individuals with Disabilities
- Legal Issues in Special Education
- Methods for Teaching Individuals with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3543 other Masters in Education in United States
Applicants without adequate preparation in education may be required to complete preparatory courses as a condition of admission. Individuals who do not meet the University-wide graduate admission grade point average standard may be required to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for consideration in admission decisions. Some concentrations may also require GRE scores because of licensing regulations. International students must have a minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL Internet-based test, 550 on the TOEFL paper-based test, or 6.5 on the IELTS.
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8246 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.