Students select from a variety of course topics while also selecting an area of historical specialization that accommodates their interests and furthers their career objectives.
- Students come to the History program at George Mason University with diverse career objectives, and the program is designed with that diversity in mind.
- Students take classes in which they discuss history alongside future academics, public historians, teachers, military officers, non-profit professionals, government officials, entrepreneurs, and future academics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Colonial North America
- The Age of Jackson, 1815-1854
- Development of the Early Republic, 1783-1815
- Disasters in U.S. History
- Era of the American Revolution
- Religion in North America to 1870
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 803 other Masters in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at George Mason University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants to all graduate programs at George Mason University must meet the admission standards and application requirements for graduate study as specified in Graduate Admissions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International44610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1487 USD per credit during 12 months.
National44610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1487 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State17970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 599 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.