With the focus firmly on interdisciplinary practice, the Dramatic Art program at the University of California, Davis, offers artists the opportunity to create and practice new dimensions of classical, contemporary, and experimental performance. A collaborative curriculum of interdisciplinary seminars and workshops covers a full spectrum of performance practices, including acting, directing, choreography, and design. Outside these courses, students are encouraged to collaborate with faculty and students in other UC Davis Arts Programs with the aim of perfecting new skills while expanding their range.
- Scoring and Scripting in Performance
- Performance: Concepts of Space, Place and Time
- Approaches to Collaboration
- Performing Identities/Personae
- Composition in the Arts
- Visual Language in Performance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 716 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- An undergraduate degree in Dramatic Art or Theatre or a related field relevant to the discipline.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- In the essay under the Personal History Statement, express why you want to work in an interdisciplinary way and mention the faculty with whom you would like to work.
- A photograph/headshot.
- A resume of engagements to date.
- A portfolio (no longer than 10 pages) of production photographs, drawings, etc.
- Published reviews of work to date (no longer than 5 pages).
- A written paper
International11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 24 months.
National11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Davis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.