It addresses crucial issues such as the sustainability and resource management of the environment that is consistent with the geography and history of Hawai‘i, indigenous pedagogy and epistemology, and a political and governmental infrastructure for a Hawaiian nation.
The Hawaiian Studies also provides professionals in government, law, criminal justice, education, social work, and various health fields, the specialized knowledge in Hawaiian history and culture needed to adequately serve an array of communities.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Indigenous Research Methodologies
- Hawaiian Archival Research
- Review of Hawaiian Literature
- Thesis Research Methods
- Visual/Cultural Knowledge
- Envisioning the Nation
- Sovereign Hawaiian State, Domestic Kingdom Law, Governance and Politics
- Comparative Hawaiian and Tahitian Cosmogonies
- Life Narratives in Mixed Media & Literature
- Hawaiian Geography and Resource Management
- Historical Perspectives
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Literature View 459 other Masters in Literature in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.