This Global Health degree from George Mason University incorporates epidemiology, biostatistics, sociocultural influences on health and behavior, global health systems, communicable and non-communicable diseases of global importance, and migrant health to prepare students to conduct global health-related research.
- Through coursework and thesis research, students will be prepared to work in the diverse cultural and multidisciplinary environments inherent in global health.
- Graduates will be prepared to work in international health organizations such as nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), governmental organizations, and multilateral organizations, or may choose to pursue a research pathway and continue toward a terminal degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Public Health
- Global Health
- Migrant Health
- Global Infectious Diseases
- U.S. and Global Public Health Systems
- Global Non-Communicable Diseases
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 2124 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the program is competitive, and a variety of criteria are evaluated in the admission process, including:
- undergraduate academic performance and recent post-baccalaureate coursework (transcripts)
- professional and volunteer experience
- statement of goals and objectives
- letters of recommendation
Previous undergraduate coursework in statistics, anthropology, sociology, and natural sciences is helpful.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International60102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National60102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.