Why pursue an M.S. in Biotechnology at UTSA?
- Only University in San Antonio offering post-graduate training in Biotechnology.
- The Biomedical/Biotechnology industry is one of the largest industries in San Antonio
- Program includes hands-on laboratory training for every student in the program in techniques widely used in academic and biotechnology research labs.
A broad common base of knowledge for biotechnology is provided in the Master's degree by a comprehensive core curriculum that includes key areas in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology and immunology. Additional coursework is selected from a list of laboratory courses (some required) and approved electives in a broad range of subjects. The opportunity to develop additional technical expertise may also be available through an internship in biotechnology-based companies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biotechnology Laboratory
- Recombinant Protein Biotechnology Laboratory
- Biochemistry for Biotechnology
- Applications of Recombinant DNA Technology
- Plant Biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 171 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Apply Online - Graduate Application
- Domestic Application Fee: $50 / International Application Fee: $90
- All applicants must submit the completed application with all of the required materials to complete their application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Test Scores
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent/Artist Statement
- Any additional application requirements may be uploaded
International51928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25964 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National51928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25964 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8436 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.