Understanding of the multifaceted aspects of organismal biology is a critical context for interpretation of molecular, cellular, and behavioral observations. The Animal Biology program of study at the University of California, Davis, is individually tailored to meet student needs and includes a limited number of core courses to provide a foundational understanding of the animal as an integrated organism. Students gain advanced knowledge of animal biology from lipid modification and the interaction of the immune system with animal growth, to conservation of indigenous species, cloning and reproduction, and the interaction of animal behavior with genetic modification. Graduates then pursue more in-depth study in behavior, biochemistry, ecology, genetics, immunology, nutrition, physiology, reproduction and/ or toxicology. Graduates pursue careers in academia, government, industry, and nongovernmental organizations.
- Systemic Physiology
- Genetics & Animal Breeding
- Physiology of Reproduction
- Animal Growth & Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Genetics View 170 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- Complete and submit the Online Application for Graduate Admission.
- The application fee of $120 for Domestic students, or $140 for International Students, must be paid before an application will be evaluated. The fee may be paid by credit card. (The application fee must be paid for each application submitted.)
- Three letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Do not have recommenders send letters in hard copy; all letters need to be submitted online.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended.
International11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
National11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Davis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.