The Oral Sciences graduate program, offered by the University at Buffalo, is an academic, research-oriented program that leads to the Master of Science (MS) degree. Its overall goal is to provide background, expertise and current concepts of basic sciences as related to dental research in oral and craniofacial biology. Students in the program may also be independently enrolled in a clinical specialty and complete the program in conjunction with such specialty.
An enhanced pre-professional curriculum is also available to students who wish to apply to professional school (e.g. Dental School) after completion of the program. Such enhanced curriculum allows students in good standing to enroll in a limited number of basic science dental school courses.
Although the Oral Sciences program is full-time by design, students may be allowed to complete the program on a part-time basis under certain circumstances.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are required to enroll in required core courses as well as elective ones, to complete an original research project, and to write and orally defend a master’s thesis.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including the satisfactory completion of a written thesis based on independent research, are required for the MS degree.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry Health Sciences View 1396 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information
- Letters of recommendation
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs)
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.