Core and affiliated faculty study areas as diverse as neural control of behavioral development; brain systems in substance abuse; animal models of learning and memory and their disorders (such as Alzheimer's); human brain systems involved in cognition, perception, human error, decision making, and movement; the relation of neural activity to human performance; and cognitive aging.
A focus of the Psychology - Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience program from George Mason University is on translational neuroscience-complementary study of neural systems in humans and animals, including application of animal research to human behavior. Prospective students should review each faculty member's webpage for more information.
Highly qualified Mason psychology majors may apply to an accelerated master's degree in psychology with a concentration in cognitive and behavioral neuroscience. This program makes it possible for students to complete two graduate classes during their last 30 credits of their undergraduate degrees. Interested undergraduates should contact the department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mammalian Neurobiology
- Neuronal Bases of Learning and Memory
- Behavioral Chemistry
- Advanced Statistics
- Quantitative Methods: Analysis of Variance
- Quantitative Methods: Psychological Applications of Regression Techniques
- Quantitative Methods: Multivariate Techniques in Psychology
- Special Topics in Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30 - 32
DisciplinesPsychology View 948 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.