The courses within each concentration recognize developing trends in studies of gender issues in Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and the United States. Our objective is to link local and global knowledge, so as to prepare students with the capacity to link gender and history, literature and policy, and to be able to apply these to graduate work and practical employment.
At the University at Buffalo, a master’s degree in Global Gender Studies prepares students with the theoretical and practical foundations for advanced graduate work and careers in diverse fields, including teaching, government, and community and non-governmental organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Readings in Feminist Theory
- Democracy & Gender
- Women’s Movements
- Special Topics: Disability, Gender and Sexuality
- American Studies - Reclaiming Our Ancestors: African American Literature and Public History
- New Directions in Queer Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applicants are encouraged to apply by the first Friday in February .
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 77 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all.
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions.
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information.
- Letters of recommendation.
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs).
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.