A typical MA track takes two years to complete and is not recommended for students who plan to continue on to a PhD in the geosciences. At the University at Buffalo we offer a master degree in Geological Sciences.
Generally, students entering the MA track are expected to hold a BA or BS in Geology. Students applying with other science or engineering degrees must have 12 credits in advanced geology, or must complete these credits during their master's program. The MA advisor may require additional prerequisites depending on the course of study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Geological Field Training
- Advanced Ecology
- Marine Ecology
- Field Course In Tropical Marine Ecology
- Environmental Geophysics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications submitted after these deadlines are reviewed on a rolling basis .
DisciplinesGeology View 180 other Masters in Geology in United States
- University at Buffalo Online Application: Please submit the online application for review. If you do not wish to complete the entire application at this time, you may create and save a partial application for completion at a later date
- Personal Statement: As part of the online application, we require a brief statement of your research interests and experience, as well as your educational goals and career objectives
- Application Fee
- Transcripts: We require official or unofficial transcripts from every institution previously attended. You must upload transcripts yourself. Only after acceptance to the University at Buffalo will we request official transcripts.
- GRE Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.