The General concentration provides opportunity for study in a specialized area of recreation and sport as students select three elective courses in their area of interest. The Interscholastic Athletic Administration and Coaching concentration provides an opportunity for persons interested in Athletic Administration to gain knowledge, research and experience in this dynamic area.
The Facility and Event Management concentration allows for professional development in the rapidly growing discipline of facility and event management. The Sport Media and Branding concentration is designed for students interested in sport media relations, sport branding, digital media production and distribution, and sport sponsorships.
The Athletic Training concentration provides the certified and certification-eligible athletic training student an opportunity to further develop knowledge and skills related to this vibrant field. The Recreation and Sport Administration program is appropriate for athletic trainers in all employment settings. The Intercollegiate Athletic Administration concentration is designed for individuals looking to enter the field or professionalize their experience in intercollegiate athletics.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Western Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis of Research in Recreation
- Recreation and Sport Administration
- Recreation Sport Facility Development
- Legal Issues in Recreation and Sport
- Fiscal Practices in Recreation Sport
- Public Relations in Recreation and Sport
- Theory of Recreation and Sport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management View 237 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- An official transcript from the college or university granting the baccalaureate degree
- A cumulative baccalaureate grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale OR
- A GPA of at least a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours completed OR
- A GPA of at least a 3.0 in the major content area on a 4.0 scale
- A Statement of Professional Intent which adheres to the following guidelines. Statement should provide a sample of the applicant’s writing style and ability. It should be 2-3 double-spaced pages in length and is expected to be well organized, clearly written, and error free.
- National Athletic Training Association (NATA) Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) or certification- eligible for the Athletic Training concentration only
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.