You will have numerous opportunities to work closely with faculty members on methodological, theoretical and applied research projects. We offer a master degree in Biostatistics at the University at Buffalo.
You will also work with departments and schools throughout the university, as well as our community partners, including Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Gynecological Oncology Group.
- As a graduate, you will be prepared for pursuing a PhD degree or for direct entry into the workplace in a variety of positions, including as:
- A collaborative researcher at health research institutes, government agencies, international non-governmental organizations, pharmaceutical or health care companies
- A consultant with contract research organizations or consulting firms
More informationVisit official programme website
- Statistical Genetics
- Introduction to Applied Statistics
- Advanced Statistical Computing
- Distribution-Free Inference
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Introduction to Theoretical Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBiology Statistics View 868 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- GRE is not required with sufficient mathematical background
- A strong background in mathematics or statistics
- At least three semesters of advanced calculus
- One semester of statistics is recommended
- Before you submit your online application, ensure that you have all of the supplemental materials ready. With your online application, you will be able to upload transcripts, your resume and personal statement
- Three letters of reference will be requested through the e-mail addresses of the recommenders
- If submitting the GRE, you should request that your GRE scores are sent to UB
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.