The Mechanical Engineering program at Washington University in St. Louis is especially tailored for:
- individuals who plan to change careers and enter the ME profession;
- international students seeking to establish U.S. credentials in the ME profession
- current professionals working in mechanical engineering who wish to advance their skills and education. A distinctive feature of the program is the ability to customize the course content to meet specific individual needs.
The mission of the McKelvey School of Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis is to promote independent inquiry in engineering research and education with an emphasis on scientific excellence, innovation and collaboration without boundaries.
WashU Engineers produce new knowledge that changes the world, and our faculty are educating students to explore and create in a world we cannot yet imagine. Through research and education, we are making a positive impact on the local community, the country and the world.
- All courses must be taken for a grade, with an overall GPA of 2.70 or higher.
- At least 9 of the 30 units must be in MEMS courses at the 500-level. Allowed courses include the MEMS Project Management course, MEMS 5804.
- All 400-level courses must be either: 1) approved for the Master of Science Degree in ME or AE or 2) approved by the MEMS faculty for application to the MEng degree.
- No more than 6 units of Independent Study are allowed.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1866 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International57750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57750 USD per year during 12 months.
National57750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57750 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.