The broad sphere of communication includes Braille, computers, handwriting, listening and recording technology, low-vision technology, mathematical calculation and keyboarding. Instruction in daily living skills includes food preparation, personal management, home management, home mechanics, leisure and recreation activities, and orientation and movement in familiar indoor environments.
Services are primarily provided in two major settings: rehabilitation centers designed to serve groups of people and in people's homes. Therapists work with individual students or small groups.
Vision rehabilitation therapists also work with other rehabilitation team members to help students identify the services they need. Because they establish close working relationships, therapists often help students adjust and adapt successfully to blindness.
- Services for Persons with Disabilities
- Computer Technology in Rehabilitation
- Psycho-Social Aspects of Disability
- Medical and Functional Aspects of Disability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 907 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Complete high school or post-secondary education transcripts
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required
- Three recommendations
- Written statement
International15556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15556 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15556 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.