These include: circuits; antenna networks; bio-signal processing; computer architecture; very large-scale integration and computer-aided design; computer networks; control systems; high-speed switching architectures; signal, image and multimedia processing; nanotechnology; optical communications; photonics; and quantum information processing.
The electric power industry is presently experiencing what has been described as the most revolutionary (and exciting) set of technological changes since the days of Edison. Apart from environmental pressures that demand a revised portfolio of energy resources, utilities are anticipating the development of a so-called “smart grid” that promises new opportunities for efficient and reliable use of electric power. The skills that electric power engineers will require are changing accordingly.
What you will study
The Electrical Engineering - Electric Power MSc program at University of Southern California is a program option for students seeking careers in the electric power industry. The plan of study combines traditional topics in power generation, transmission, and distribution with cutting-edge topics such as the integration of renewable energy sources in the “smart grid.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functions of the Constructor
- Sustainable Infrastructure Systems
- Power Systems
- Power Systems Technology
- Power System Analysis and Design
- Solid State Energy Devices
- Transients in Power Systems
- Power System Protection
- Renewable Energy in Power Systems
- Net-Centric Power System Control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 121 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
Satisfactory performance in required coursework:
- Two years of college math including differential equations.
- One year of engineering physics or electronics with lab.
In addition, the following coursework is recommended:
- One course in circuit theory. One course in computer science or experience with a high level programming language.
- All applicants must complete and submit the USC Online Application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory scores less than five years old.
- Letters of Recommendation (3 Required)
- Statement of Purpose
International2199 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2199 USD per credit during 24 months.
National2199 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2199 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.