In the Law and Government Organization and Leadership program, you’ll spend the first semester of your third year of law school living in Washington, DC, immersed in a full-time externship with a federal agency, Congressional committee or office of a member of Congress.
You’ll attend hearings and conferences, join in strategy sessions and accompany federal government attorneys to formal and informal gatherings and meetings. You’ll research law, prepare memoranda, draft federal rules and otherwise engage in the day-to-day professional lives of your externship host. You could extern at the:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Energy
- Department of Justice
- Department of State
- Department of the Treasury
OutcomesThe GOAL program at Creighton University prepares law students to be leaders in governmental agencies or legislative bodies at both the state and federal levels. The program offers a bridge between theory and practice and provides graduates with:
- Enhanced employment opportunities as lawyers in government service upon graduation
- A comprehensive understanding of the role of professional ethics in government settings, including a focused examination of the specific standards of ethical conduct applicable to lawyers in government service and to generic ethical principles arising from both the core values of society at large and the Jesuit tradition
- Skills to facilitate and improve strategic planning, creativity, collaboration and consensus building
- A set of core competencies to promote the capacity to assume leadership roles
- An understanding of the role of attorneys within large and diverse governmental organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Administrative Law
- State and Local Governments in Federal System
- Leadership: Theories, Models, Behavior
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Law View 220 other Masters in Public Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applications for the GOAL program must be completed no later than the spring semester of your first year of law school at Creighton. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You must be a student enrolled at Creighton University School of Law to participate in the GOAL program.
International11000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per semester during 36 months.
National11000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.