The Dual Degree with a M.B.A. degree in Business Administration and the M.A. degree in Translation is for students with a sufficient level of proficiency in a foreign language who wish to integrate a graduate business education with advanced translation training. This program is suitable for those whose career goals include assuming middle or executive management positions in international business or language industry enterprises or those interested in starting their own business in the language services industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Translation - Business Administration program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Critically examine translations based on objective and subjective criteria.
- Translate text types of moderate difficulty in various domains from the source language into English.
- Copy/edit their own work and that of others.
- Articulate and defend translation choices based on a basic understanding of translation studies.
- Identify distinguishing features of different text types that are meaningful for the translation act.
- Research the subject matter of a text in appropriate resources.
- Perform tasks at Intermediate High and Advanced Low levels of proficiency using the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Proficiency Guidelines. Proficiency in ACTFL terms is understood to describe a range of qualities rather than an absolute norm and will vary according to task type, language function, topic and skill (listening, speaking, reading, writing).
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to vary the register (formality level) of their speech.
- Read somewhat longer and more complex prose that have been written for native speakers and not edited or adapted for students. They will be able to read a wide variety of text types such as poems, plays, novels, magazine articles, newspaper articles, brochures, pamphlets, menus and letters. Some texts they will understand completely; for others, they will be able to grasp the main idea and some or most details.
- Compose routine social correspondence, take notes, write cohesive summaries and resumes, as well as narratives and descriptions in the target language.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting For Decision Making
- Managerial Accounting For Decision Making
- Global Conditions And Macroeconomics Policy
- Managerial Economics
- Law And Ethics
- Managerial Finance
- Analytics For Decision Making
- Operations, Service And Supply Chain Management
- Leadership And Managerial Assessment
- Business Strategy
- Business Professional Development
- Marketing Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 20 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- A CD or MP3/wav file with a five-minute oral sample in the applicant's first and second languages (conversational, not read from a script)
- Writing sample(s) in applicant's second language,1 which should be accompanied by a signed declaration that the sample is original work and that the applicant received no help in its preparation
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11766 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.