- Implement current learning theories in the classroom.
- Demonstrate continued professional development.
- Understand the scope and sequence of curriculum in their content area for grades seven to 12.
- Use reflection on teaching as a tool for improving teaching and student learning.
- Incorporate the appropriate use of technology in classroom lessons to increase student learning.
- Demonstrate how schools work and how support staff, parents and the community can be utilized to foster and improve their future students' success.
- Recognize the importance of planning that incorporate national and state standards for their content area.
- Develop and refine skills in planning, assessment and classroom management that maximize learning for all students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Practicum
- Principles of Secondary Teaching
- Seminar in Secondary Education
- Research in Secondary Education
- Teaching Adolescents in the Secondary School Culture
- Foundations of Education and Human Services
- Psychological Foundations of Education
- Curriculum Methods Mild/moderate Intervention
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Secondary Education View 294 other Masters in Secondary Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Essay (1,000 words) explaining desire to teach
- Questions in Anticipation of Licensure form
- Content evaluation (to be completed before applying)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.