Through the Master of Education and the Certificate of Advanced Study, experienced teachers are prepared to become more competent and better informed practitioners who serve as leaders for educational reform in local schools and school districts.
At University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, also offered are Curriculum and Instruction degree programs leading to teacher licensure for individuals who have a degree in a field other than education and wish to become teachers.
- The three majors leading to licensure are Early Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 2), Elementary Education (Grades 1 - 6), and Secondary Education (Grades 9 - 12).
- In addition to completing the courses required for an Ed.M. degree, students in these programs follow the same sequence of professional education courses as undergraduate students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Learning in Education
- Child Language and Education
- Sociocultural Influence on Learning
- Adjustment in School Settings
- Personality and Social Development
- Psychology of Classroom Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1610 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- In addition to the application, the applicant is required to submit the following information: a statement of purpose, updated resume, official transcripts from all colleges attended, and three letters of recommendation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted for all doctoral applicants.
- A scholarly writing sample in English, such as a master's thesis, article, or paper, is required for application to a doctoral program.
- Note: The master's with teacher licensure program only admits students for the fall term.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.