The Mechanical Engineering program makes available a high quality, relevant engineering education to all residents of the El Paso bi-national region. The Program dedicates itself to providing students with a set of skills, knowledge and attitudes that will permit its graduates to succeed and thrive as engineers and leaders.The Program strives to:
- Prepare its graduates to pursue life-long learning, serve the profession and meet intellectual, ethical and career challenges
- Maintain a vital, state-of-the-art research enterprise to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- Energy Policy Analysis and Economic Modeling
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Energy
- Energy Use and Climate Change
- Advanced Topics in Energy Engineering
- Principles of Experimental & Engineering Design
- Interdisciplinary Environmental and Energy Problem-solving
- Mathematical Methods for Mechanical Engineers
- Solid Mechanics
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 310 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
Students entering the Mechanical Engineering master's program must have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent, in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or related engineering field.
- A superior academic Record
- A GRE percentile score 155 or higher in the quantitative section
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (IBT 79; CBT 213) for international applicants
- At least two letters of reference from individuals qualified to judge their capability to do master-level work. Students who do not meet the above requirements may also apply with additional justifications
International914 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 914 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National403 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 403 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.