Licensed nurses with a baccalaureate degree are eligible to complete a Master of Science in Nursing, and take their careers to the next level. Ranked 6th in the country by 2021 U.S. News & World Report, nurses who come to the University of Pittsburgh School of nursing obtain a degree that prepares them for their future career goals.
You’ll leave the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing with a deeper understanding about nursing science, and the skills and knowledge needed to lead teams and units, create quality interventions, and deliver enhanced nursing care.
- Integrates scientific findings from nursing, biopsychological fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement, and organizational sciences for the continual improvement of nursing care across diverse setting.
- Apply organizational and systems leadership principals to a clinical setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the steps of evidence-based practice to implement clinical practice guidelines or design projects to improve health care delivery.
- Applies research outcomes to resolve practice problems.
- Use current emerging technologies and data analytics to enhance nursing practice.
- Human Anatomy And Physiology
- Pathophysiologic Foundations Of Nursing Care
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Professional Nursing
- Inclusion, Equity, And Diversity In Health Care
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 805 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN (NLN), ACICS, or CCNE accredited program.
- Current RN license in U.S. state/territory or locale where student will complete clinical requirements.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in the undergraduate degree.
- A pre-admission interview. If the applicant resides at a great distance, a telephone interview may be conducted.
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The GRE may be waived if the GPA is 3.5 or higher.
- Pre-requisite statistics course within the last 10 years with a grade of B- or better.
- Three letters of recommendation
International34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 24 months.
National34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.