Athletic Trainers, other health care professionals and individuals interested in sports medicine will find the curriculum well-suited to meet their post-professional goals and objectives. Several graduate assistantships are offered through our program.
Students in the Sports Medicine program at the University of Pittsburgh can choose to pursue either a thesis or non-thesis track in the Sports Medicine curriculum, both of which prepare students for a career in Sports Medicine or further studies in another health-related field.
- Students are provided with a research experience within the Neuromuscular Research Laboratory/Warrior Human Performance Research Center that focuses on issues central to clinical research in orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Research includes the use of electromyography, motion analysis, isokinetic dynamometry, physiological, proprioceptive, and balance assessment modalities for the purpose of defining and restoring function as well as optimizing performance in military personnel, injured athletes, and in physically active individuals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Pathokinesiology of Orthopaedic Injury
- Seminar in Sports Medicine
- Research Seminar in Sports Medicine
- Anatomical Basis of Sports Medicine
- Laboratory Techniques in Sports Medicine
- Exercise Physiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 411 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Submit a self-evaluation essay addressing your purpose for applying to the program, your ability to successfully complete the program, and your goals (short and long term)
- Submit three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant’s academic, professional, clinical (as appropriate) and personal attributes; as well as potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
International46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State27590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.