It invites students to explore particular themes, issues, and periods from an interdisciplinary perspective and offers a foundation in the study of American culture for students with a variety of interests or goals.
We offer a master degree in American Culture Studies at the Bowling Green State University. Primarily, we seek to communicate a sense of the complexity and diversity of our national culture based upon a systematic analysis of its elements.
This approach is relevant equally to students who:
- Might pursue a career in education in some aspect of American culture
- Those who might engage in such professions as journalism, public relations, advertising, government, marketing, etc., where a knowledge of American culture is important
- Or those seeking enrichment of their understanding of American culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The candidate must write an interdisciplinary thesis in keeping with the philosophy of the program. Under Plan I, students complete 30 hours of course work and receive three hours of credit for the accepted thesis for a total of 33 semester hours. For most students, completion of the Plan I option requires two years of full-time study in the American Culture Studies MA program.
- The basic requirements are the same as Plan I, except 33 hours of course work are required. The student electing Plan II will sit for a four-hour written examination, covering periods in American cultural history, the student's course work, the relationship of American Culture Studies to the traditional disciplines, American Culture Studies methodology, and important themes in American culture. The examination will be based upon each student's individual course of study.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 515 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5344 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.