The master’s in Legal Studies from Purdue Global will challenge you to solve real-world issues by applying legal principles in a case study format. Learn from faculty who are industry professionals in law, social science, and teaching. Start building a strong foundation of legal knowledge by completing specialized online courses designed to teach you:
- Legal principles: Apply legal principles and concepts to the analysis of complex social, political, and economic issues.
- Ethics: Reflect on the ethical and moral implications of the law and legal processes.
- Leadership: Apply principles of leadership to shape change and improve the application and direction of the law and the legal system in relation to institutions and society.
- Reflective practice: Use the skills of a reflective practitioner to analyze and solve problems within a professional context.
Opportunities for Professional Development
Online discussion boards provide the opportunity to engage with students from around the country and learn from their experiences.
You can also take advantage of the Graduate Resource Center, a self-paced course that includes information on professional memberships and clubs, career services, social networking, and more.
Purdue University Global Is Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission
What Can You Do With a Master's in Legal Studies?
Demand for legal services is growing and shifting. In addition, the need for legal professionals with regulatory and global compliance expertise is increasing.
The knowledge, skills, and experience you acquire in an online master’s in legal studies program can help you stand out to employers when competing for senior management and administration positions in settings such as:
- Membership groups
- Educational institutions
- Government agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal methods and process
- Ethics and the professional
- Legal research, analysis, and writing
- Jurisprudence and legal history
- Applied research in legal studies
- Academic and professional writing for graduate students
- Applied research
- 18 months
- 15 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 57 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply to Purdue Global’s graduate programs, you must:
- Submit an unofficial transcript indicating receipt of a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- By the last day of the first term, you must provide the University with an official copy of the transcript. If an official transcript is not submitted by this time, you will be withdrawn from the University, blocked from reentry, and your academic credentials will be withheld until such documentation is provided.
International420 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 420 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National420 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 420 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.