The nationally recognized Proteach graduate program leads to the M.Ed. degree and state certification as a classroom teacher. Unified Elementary ProTeach admits undergraduates who complete the five-year program with a master’s degree. Secondary Proteach (English, Science, Social Studies) prepares teachers who have completed a bachelor’s degree in the discipline they will teach. Prospective elementary teachers who already hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-education field may want to consider the School’s SITE program (Site-based Implementation of Teacher Education), which leads to the M.Ed. degree in curriculum and instruction. Students may apply to the state for alternative certification.
This Mathematics Education program at University of Florida leads to eligibility for professional certification for teaching mathematics to students in grades 6-12. It typically attracts students who received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or another STEM-related discipline and are seeking to teach middle or high school mathematics. Our faculty will work with students to tailor their program to fit particular needs and specific career goals whether that involves becoming a professor at a research university, a faculty member that primarily teaches future teachers, a specialist for mathematics education at the district level, or last, but certainly not least, a classroom teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing for Academic Purposes
- Global Studies Methods in K-12 Education
- Instructional Coaching for Enhanced Student Learning
- Meeting the Educational Needs of Students Living in Poverty
- Professional Development and Teacher Learning
- Practicum in Early Childhood Education
- Blended Learning Environments
- Inquiry in Mathematics Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 599 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a STEM or related field
- 2.7 overall GPA and 3.0 upper-division undergraduate GPA
- Must have successfully completed Calculus 1 and 2 prior to admission.
- Acceptable GRE scores
- Completed all other admissions requirements
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12740 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.