Study Strategic Studies at at the Australian National University with internationally recognised experts in Australian strategic policy, Asia-Pacific security and global strategic issues.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and cognitive skills in strategic and defence studies.
- Possess an integrated understanding of the conduct of strategy, military operations, and its relationship to policy.
- Undertake strategic and policy analysis and be able to critically analyse, reflect on and synthesise complex information relating to the conduct of strategy and military operations.
- Possess the technical skills needed to access the academic literature in the fields of study associated with strategic and defence studies.
- Research and apply established theories and concepts and exercise expert judgement in military, defence or policy contexts as they apply to both Australian and international settings.
- Apply strategic concepts and knowledge to practical, contemporary problems using case studies from a range of global environments and circumstances.
- Conduct scholarly research, express ideas and construct evidence-based arguments in both written and oral form.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics of Peace and War
- U.S. Security Policy in the Asia-Pacific
- Dynamics of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- The Gulf Strategic Environment
- Civil-Military Relations
- Disease, Security and Biological Weapons
- Ethics and Technologies of War
- Strategic Studies Internship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Political Science Terrorism & Security View 23 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
International45864 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45864 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National32256 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32256 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.