The Social Research (Advanced) program at the Australian National University will open up a range of career options within government, research organisations and in the private sector. The solid grounding in research methods at the heart of the program will also leave you well placed to pursue a research career within academia.
- summarise and critically review key studies in a particular substantive area of research;
- use theory and existing literature to formulate social research questions and hypotheses;
- construct and critically assess quantitative and qualitative social research designs;
- identify the key stages of the social research project, how the components within each phase fit together, and be able to apply this knowledge to real-world research projects;
- undertake basic statistical analysis appropriate for answering a stated research question;
- present and interpret basic statistical research results; and
- complete a major piece of research in the field of social research.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Statistics for Social Scientists
- Social Science Methods and Types of Data
- Using Data to Answer Policy Questions and Evaluate Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Educational Research View 80 other Masters in Educational Research in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0 and the approval of an identified supervisor for the thesis.
International45360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45360 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.