These technical and problem-solving skills will help you push the boundaries of computing.
Our department of Computer Science is recognized as one of the best in Canada. Our faculty has made a vital impact with research in crucial areas, such as data visualization, machine learning, security, privacy and embedded systems. The Computer Science is offered at University of Victoria, British Columbia.
Areas of focus
- Algorithm design and complexity
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Computational biology and bioinformatics
- Computer music
- Computer vision
- Databases and data mining
- HCI and visualization
- Machine learning
- Parallel, networked and distributed computing
- Security and privacy
- Software engineering
- Theory of computing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In our MSc program, you’ll learn and use expert research methods. You’ll work under faculty supervision on a thesis or project of your choice. You’ll study a range of courses to broaden your knowledge of computer science.
- You’ll graduate with a well-rounded skill set that will give you a competitive edge in your career of choice, as well as a foundation for further advanced studies.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 16 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Canada
- Applicants to a Master's program should have a Major or Honours undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering (or equivalent) or a Major or Honours degree in Mathematics with an emphasis on Computer Science. A minimum of B+ (6.0/9.0) is required for courses taken in the last two years.
- A student who does not have one of these degrees may be admitted to the program but normally will be required to complete additional makeup courses. In doing so, the student must obtain a grade of at least B (5.0/9.0) in each makeup course, and an average B+ (6.0/9.0) overall in the makeup courses.
- Mature students are advised to consult the Faculty regulations regarding admittance. Final decisions on admissions are made by potential supervisors.
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5074 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4022 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.