Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
One or more scholarships are awarded to outstanding graduate students at the University of Victoria. Approval of the recipient(s) will be awarded by the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Graduate Awards Committee.
The value of the scholarship is $2,000.
- To qualify for any graduate scholarships you must be unconditionally admitted to a master's or doctoral degree program and be registered in enough units in your graduate degree program.
- UVic Graduate Awards of up to $10,000 per academic year require a minimum GPA of 6.0/9.0 or higher (as of 2022-2023) and a minimum of 1.50 units per term.
- Graduate Awards allow for part time registration in a minimum of 1.5 units each term.
- Graduate donor awards, those funded by private donors, require full time registration in a minimum of 3.0 units unless the specific terms of the scholarship indicate that it may be issued to a part time student, or a student who has completed their graduate program. See the list of all donor awards and their terms.
- Graduate students registered with the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) are considered to be full time when registered in 1.5 units, and are eligible to be considered for all UVic graduate scholarships when registered in 1.5 or more units. Students must identify themselves to FGS and send a copy of their CAL letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To maintain eligibility and avoid delays in scholarship payments, register at least two-to-three weeks, or more, in advance of each term in the required number of units.
Study experience required
No application required.