The Biology program of University of Victoria, British Columbia expects students that have a background knowledge of basic biology of at least equivalent to that of a BSc student graduating from this department.
The faculty are making an impact with a number of vital research programs:
- Ecology and evolution
- Cell and molecular biology
- Genetics and genomics
- Forest biology
- Marine science
The students' research will be supported by access to research centres and groups, and dedicated facilities including research labs, Bev Glover Greenhouse, aquatics facility and our strong connections with local institutional scientists and the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Neurobiology: Molecules to Behaviour
- Ion Channels: Structure and Function
- Developmental Biology
- Advanced Topics in Marine and/or Freshwater Algae
- Sensory Biology
- Apply directly online where you can directly upload application documents and track the status of your application.
- Transcripts (can be unofficial),
- Assessment reports/reference letters from two referees,
- A brief statement of research interests and background, including the name(s) of potential supervisor(s).
International6499 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6499 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5182 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5182 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.