Through this Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies (Advanced) program at the Australian National University, you'll gain a deep regional grounding from multiple interdisciplinary perspectives, including contemporary politics, international relations, modern history, political economy, development studies, sociology, and religious and cultural studies.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Critical Perspectives on Arabic Culture
- Iran in World Politics
- Modern Iraq: State, Politics and Society
- Turkish History: Ottoman State to Modern Turkey
- Syria in the Levant: State, Society, and the Current Turmoil
- Egypt: Social and Political Dynamics in a Changing Middle East
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Political Science View 65 other Masters in International Relations in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0, and the approval of an identified supervisor for the research project/thesis.
International45360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45360 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30680 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.