Physiotherapists assess and treat patients with temporary or long-term physical injuries, movement disorders or disabilities, aiming to achieve the highest possible degree of recovery, activity, participation and quality of life. Physiotherapists may work independently or as members of healthcare teams.
They are active in the prevention of illness and injury and in the promotion of health. They are also involved in clinical research, movement rehabilitation, ergonomics and the management of healthcare organisations.
Following a preparatory subject in the summer semester (Jan-Feb), in the first semester you will develop clinical reasoning, assessment and treatment skills in the core areas of cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological physiotherapy across a lifespan.
This is followed by 18 months of integrated theory and clinical practice subjects, when you will be primarily located in the clinical environment.
The clinical practice and theory subjects extend outside official University semester dates. The Master of Physiotherapy Practice offered at La Trobe University fosters small-group learning to master the practical aspects of physiotherapy practice.
Physiotherapists are employed in a wide variety of settings, including private practice, general hospitals, rehabilitation centres, community health centres, industrial clinics and specialist centres. Physiotherapists are also involved in movement rehabilitation, ergonomics and the management of healthcare organisations. You may also work in education and clinical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiotherapy for Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
- Physiotherapy for Neurological Dysfunction
- Physiotherapy for Cardio-respiratory Dysfunction
- Skill Development for Person-centred Physiotherapy
- Managing Complexity in Clinical Practice
- Physiotherapy for Early Lifespan and Gender-Specific
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy View 243 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at La Trobe University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 062798K
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- WAM - Weighted Average Mark (WAM) 65%
- Applicants must have completed their degree within the last five years.
- Applicants who completed their degree more than 5 years ago may be considered on the basis of postgraduate study and/or relevant work experience.
- Specialisation - Compulsory: Tertiary-level subjects in musculoskeletal anatomy (upper and lower limb, pelvis, spine and thorax, head and neck), neuroanatomy and physiology (including exercise physiology).
- Specialisation - Recommended: Tertiary-level subjects in pathophysiology, psychology, pharmacology, evidence-based practice, research methods or statistics, determinants of health, human movement, communication or education are also desirable.
- 7.0 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 7.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International51400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51400 AUD per year during 24 months.
National44200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.