Studying at one of the top 10 universities in the world for environmental sciences, you’ll be exposed to current perspectives on environmental issues and approaches, and will develop depth of knowledge in a selected disciplinary area.
During the Environment (Advanced) program at the Australian National University, you could choose to specialise in biodiversity conservation, climate science and policy, disaster studies, environmental policy, environmental studies and human ecology, geography, natural resource management, sustainability science or water science and management.
- Demonstrate both a broad knowledge of contemporary issues and challenges in environment and sustainability, and expert knowledge in an area of specialisation
- Independently apply their advanced knowledge and analytical, research, teamwork, and oral and written communication skills in professional practice in environment and sustainability
- Effectively communicate knowledge and understanding in environment and sustainability to both specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Demonstrate that they have completed appropriate research training for further study
Many graduates of the Master of Environment are employed in policy-making within local, state and federal governments, water resource management, environmental management, urban planning and sustainability, climate change adaptation consulting, and applied research science.
Our recent graduates hold roles such as Assistant Director at the Federal Department of the Environment and Energy, Manager of Hydrology and Flood Risk at JBA Consulting (UK), Project Officer at the Conservation Council - ACT Region, and lecturer positions at universities in Vietnam, Indonesia, southern Africa and South Asia.
- Complex Environmental Problems in Action
- Environmental Policy
- Contemporary Perspectives in Environment-Society Interaction
- Social Analysis & Community Politics
- Research Methods for Environmental Management
- Environmental Measurement, Modelling and Monitoring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 43 other Masters in Urban Planning in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.