The Biological Sciences (Advanced) program at the Australian National University offers a research component which provides the student an opportunity to conduct hands-on research in a laboratory of a research scientist/supervisor.
- demonstrate high level knowledge in the area of their study;
- apply their knowledge in the discipline to new problems;
- interpret, synthesize and critically analyse published literature of relevance to the discipline;
- demonstrate theoretical and/or practical skills relevant to techniques and research methodology in the discipline;
- critically analyse data within the discipline to reach independent conclusions;
- independently perform experimental or theoretical work, interpret and analyse results, write reports and collate data into a thesis;
- demonstrate a critical understanding of science in society;
- clearly communicate theory and results in both written and oral formats
A postgraduate degree in biological science will provide you with a solid background to pursue career goals in a range of fields including plant and animal laboratory science, field ecology, industry, agriculture, public and environmental policy.
Our graduates find interesting careers in a range of areas including agricultural biotechnology and plant breeding, clinical or medical research, pharmaceutical companies, biosecurity, environmental policy and biological education
- Science, Innovation and Public Policy
- Science in Popular Fiction
- Science Communication and the Web
- Speaking of Science
- Science in the Media
- Science Events for Public Engagement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 28 other Masters in Genetics in Australia
Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent
- with a minimum GPA of at least 5.5/7.0
- with at least 8 courses in a cognate discipline, which must also have a minimum GPA of 5.5/7.0.
The GPA requirement for this program must be met by both the program as a whole, as well as by the 8 courses in a cognate discipline. Where more than 8 cognate courses have been completed by the applicant, ANU will take the best 8 courses when assessing the cognate GPA.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.