The practical classes you-ll take during the Biological Sciences program at the Australian National University build on your traditional technical knowledge while developing your skills in new cutting-edge experimental techniques.
- demonstrate high level knowledge in the area of their study;
- apply their knowledge in the discipline to new problems;
- interpret, synthesize and critically analyse published literature of relevance to the discipline;
- demonstrate theoretical and/or practical skills relevant to techniques and research methodology for the discipline;
- critically analyse data within the discipline to reach independent conclusions;
- demonstrate a critical understanding of science in society;
- clearly communicate theory and results in both written and oral formats.
A postgraduate degree in biological science will provide you with a solid background to pursue career goals in a range of fields including plant and animal laboratory science, field ecology, industry, agriculture, public and environmental policy.
Our graduates find interesting careers in a range of areas including agricultural biotechnology and plant breeding, clinical or medical research, pharmaceutical companies, biosecurity, environmental policy and biological education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory Seminar in Biological Anthropology
- Biology, Society and Ethics
- Big Questions in Biology
- Health and Disease in a Changing World
- Society and Environmental Change
- Contemporary Perspectives in Environmental Science
- Science, Innovation and Public Policy
- Communicating Science with the Public
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 28 other Masters in Genetics in Australia
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0, with at least 8 courses in a cognate area.
- Biology, biomedical sciences, molecular biology, genetics, evolution, ecology and plant sciences.
International46910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46910 AUD per year during 24 months.
National32840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32840 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.