The Culture Health and Medicine (Advanced) program at the Australian National University is taught by leading academics, clinicians, and global health practitioners from across the ANU.
Many courses in this program are available online. Although the program itself is not available online, it may be possible for some students with a prior cognate degree to complete the program by selecting only courses that are available online; please note that not all courses are available online and so there is a restricted selection available. Students interested in this option can contact the program convenor to discuss their eligibility and course selections.
- engage in informed debate demonstrating a critical understanding of the historical, political, institutional and cultural factors that frame health, illness and medical care;
- synthesise research, literature and other texts from a range of disciplinary perspectives to develop insight into contemporary health and medical issues;
- develop a practical research plan in the fields of clinical care, public health or health promotion, incorporating a range of methodologies and theoretical perspectives; and
- complete a major piece of research in the field of Culture, Health and Medicine.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Spirit Rising: Religious Resurgence in its Local Context
- Traditional Australian Indigenous Cultures, Societies and Environment
- Culture and Development
- Culture, Social Justice and Aboriginal Society Today
- Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Medicine, Healing and the Body
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Health Sciences Political Science View 59 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0
International46650 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46650 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.