If you have management career goals in the public sector and nonprofit organizations, including senior officers with fire and police services, the Public Policy, Administration and Law MPPAL program at York University will meet your needs.
You will benefit from York ’s established strengths in public and administrative law, public policy, public sector ethics, democratic administration, program evaluation, environmental policy, change management, e-government, social policy, human resources management, financial accountability, labour relations and public sector marketing.
You will be able to complete the program within two years through evening and weekend course offerings, making the program fully accessible to working civil servants and public sector employees.
The program was designed in close consultation with the three levels of government — federal, provincial and municipal.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Management
- Leadership and Human Resources Management
- Public Finance and Accounting
- Canadian Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Adminstrative Law and Ethics
- Equity, Policy, Law and Planning
- Research Methods and Information Systems
- Program Evaluation and Public Policy Analysis
- Topics in Public Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Law Public Policy View 30 other Masters in International Relations in Canada
- Applicants should have at least five years of significant work experience in the public, business-government or nonprofit sector, or should have an undergraduate degree related to public policy and administration.
- Resumé or CV
- Examples of written work
- Statement of areas of interest including experience/background
International12550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6275 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National2870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1435 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Part time tuition fees:
- National students - $717
- International students - $3,137
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.