Edinburgh is a widely recognised leader in the area, and the School of Informatics has particular strengths in the computational study of higher cognition and reasoning, speech and language, and neuroscience; as well as related areas such as human-computer interaction, robotics, and computer vision.
The Cognitive Science at The University of Edinburgh offers courses in many of these areas, providing a strong grounding in the shared computational and mathematical foundations while also allowing students to pursue specialized courses in their particular interest areas. Many students also take advantage of relevant courses offered in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences or other parts of the University.
This programme will give you a deep understanding of the expanding domain of cognitive science through formal study and experiments. It is excellent preparation for a rewarding academic or professional career. The quality and reputation of the University, the School of Informatics and this programme will enhance your standing with many types of employer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Informatics Research Review
- Informatics Project Proposal
- Accelerated Natural Language Processing
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Computational Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational Cognitive Science
- Natural Language Understanding, Generation, and Machine Translation
- Neural Computation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Human Computer Interaction Linguistics View 318 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in informatics, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, computer science, electrical engineering, linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, physics or psychology, plus experience in computer programming.
- Entry to this programme is competitive. A typical offer will normally require a UK first class honours degree.
- You must have a sufficient mathematical and informatics background for your chosen area of study.
International17100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Tuition fees are for part-time only.
Part-time 3 years, fees per year
- Home/EU: £5,135
- International/EU fees have still to be agreed
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.