The History program from The University of Texas at Arlington offers students a general graduate degree, with courses in a broad array of geographic and temporal topics, including U.S., European, African, Latin American, Transatlantic and Transnational histories.
In the flexible Master's degree curriculum, apart from two required courses early in the program, students tailor their course of study among available course offerings to meet individual interests and career objectives. Students choose either Thesis or Non-Thesis programs. Coursework and internships in Archival Administration certification and/or Public History are also available as part of the Master's degree program.
- Elementary Teacher
- Secondary Teacher
- Higher Education Lecturer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical Theory and Methodology
- Issues and Interpretations in U.s. History
- Approaches to World History
- Principles of Archives and Museums
- Public History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 121 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (as calculated by Graduate Admissions) in the last 60 credit hours in the course of completing a B.A. degree in History (or an appropriate other field) from an accredited institution (verified by official transcripts from each college or university previously attended sent directly from the registrar of that institution to Graduate Admissions).
- A writing sample, sent to the Graduate Advisor. The Department prefers that applicants send a research paper written in an upper-division history course, but other examples are acceptable. There is not a specific page minimum, but papers should not be over 25 pages.
- Three letters of recommendation (from faculty if possible) mailed directly from the recommenders to the History Graduate Advisor.
- A minimum score of 153 on the verbal section and a minimum score of 4 on the analytical writing section of the GRE aptitude test
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.